Sunday, January 11, 2009

The end or a new beginning

I enjoyed learning all the different 23 things. Some I will use everyday (like Google reader and delicious), some will be used on a frequent basis (like flickr and slideshare) and some will probably not be used very often (twitter). But all were very interesting and glad I got exposed to them. It is nice to be able to keep up with all the changing technology.

RSS feeds were a surprise to me. I did not think they would be useful. But Google reader is usually the first thing I check out when I get on the computer. I was also surprised by web apps and wikis. Both will come in handy.

I also enjoyed the blogging. The further we got into the 23 things, the easier it got to add things and make the blog more exciting. Hopefully it will be something I can keep up, probably not on an everyday basis, but at least weekly.

I liked the fact these things were offered online and I did not have to travel. It was also nice to be able to work at my own pace. Since I am usually the only one in the library, it was hard to work on them at the library. I worked on them in the evening after the kids were in bed (when it was quiet). Some weeks I could get several things done, and other weeks not a lot was accomplished.

I would gladly take more activities (or whatever you want to call them) if they were offered by the commission. The ability to work from my easy chair, learn different things and earn CE credits all at the same time is great use of technology. Thanks to everyone at Nebraska Library Commission who made these things possible.

No comments: