Thursday, December 25, 2008

Wikis

Seemed like a normal day at our house. The kids played the new video games Santa brought and I did laundry. We will have Christmas on Sunday. Should be fun. My brother and family are in Nebraska from Florida. My niece and sister-in-law do not understand the snowy/windy/cold Nebraska winter. The last time they were here for Christmas the weather was nice with very little snow.

I had some fun playing with wikis tonight. The video explaining wikis was very informative. I have already figured out several uses for a wiki at the library. They will come in handy next year when we start planning our next fund raiser. They are more reliable than email. Hopefully I can get everybody on board.

I think it would be interesting to do a book review wiki. We tried to do that for the paper once a month or so, but it did not last very long. I find it hard to explain a book in a couple of paragraphs without giving away the end of the book. This would be a way for multiple people to write about the books they are reading. We may have to explore this further.

No comments: