Monday, October 20, 2008

IM

This is the first time in many years I have used IM. I chatted with my sister-in-law in Florida. Since I do not see them very often, it was a good way to catch up.

In our small library, I cannot think of many uses. However in a bigger library, it would come in handy to communicate with someone on a different floor or different branch of the library.

It would be nice to have an IM feature on the library web page for an ask the librarian a question. (But first we need to get a web page.) I can see this working in a bigger library. There are still a lot of people in our town who have to come into the library to use the internet. Someone would have to be at the computer to make this work.

After we use IM more, we will have to see how the best way to use it in our library.

Thanks for chatting with my Allana. Hopefully I can chat with someone else this week.

No comments: